OHSU Melanoma Program: Dermoscopy Discussions: Connecting with Dermatology Through Telehealth
May 27 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
An event every month that begins at 12:00 pm on day Fourth of the month, repeating until December 31, 2022
Join OHSU Melanoma Program Faculty for a monthly webinar designed to educate and empower non-dermatology providers to detect lesions suspicious for skin cancer using dermoscopy.
Review practice pearls, illustrative examples and interactive case review. User-submitted cases for discussion are welcome.
Date: Every 4th Friday of the month.
Time: 12:00 – 1:00 pm
Place: Virtual Conference via WebEx
Log In Details:
- WebEx Virtual Conference
- Phone (audio only):
- 206-207-1700 US
- 503-907-9144 Portland, OR
- Access Code: 2622 700 4028
- To become competent in clinical history and examination relevant for other than dermatology specialty skin cancer screening setting, including spot checks of concern.
- To use, understand and interpret dermoscopy and the information arising.
- To employ clinical photography and teledermoscopy in patient assessment and diagnosis for skin cancer.
- To understand the value of dermoscopy in the context of the clinical assessment of pigmented and non-pigmented skin lesions.
- To use a dermatoscope and describe the key features observed with it; identify suspicious skin lesions using the ‘3-point checklist’ and make lesion-specific diagnosis using pattern recognition.
- To take, store and review digital images of particular suspect lesions.
- To understand the key features of melanocytic nevi using a classification based on dermoscopy, and the key features of melanoma using a classification system.
Joanna Ludzik, M.D., Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Co-director of OHSU’s Skin Imaging Center
Alexander Witkowski, M.D., Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Co-director OHSU’s Skin Imaging Center
Elizabeth Berry, M.D.
Assistant Professor, Director of Multidisciplinary Pigmented Lesion Clinic
Sancy Leachman, M.D., Ph.D.
Professor and Chair, Director of OHSU Knight Cancer Institute’s Melanoma Program
Contact Email: email@example.com